Kerala Farmers Federation (KeFF) is a non-profit self help group. KeFF functions as an united forum of Kerala farmers that seeks to be the united voice that stands for the protection of farmers and fight for rights in minimum support pricing, regulatory and legal aid against farmer harassment, educate on farmers rights, improve farmers productivity and create sustainable farming practices and farming income.
Kerala farmers federation is the fastest growing farmers network in the state and seeks to unite over 550,000 farmers and 14,50,000 workforces that it engages, and be the collective body that works for the betterment of farms, plantations and society.
- Aggregate/co-ordinate all farmers and farmer organizations under one umbrella and strengthen them for collective and co-ordinated action.
- Educate farmers on trade agreements and lobby for conditions that enable local enhancements and oppose, if necessary clauses and conditions which are detrimental to farmers and farm produce growth
- Educate farmers on Laws concerning farming and holding of land (such as Land ceiling, Mutation, CLU (Change Land Use) EFL (ecologically Fragile lands), Land Tax etc)
- Provide legal aid against unjust farmer harassment at any level, including those regulatory in nature.
- Fix minimum support price for all farm produce, where necessary OR sustainable pricing for farm produce, notwithstanding treaties entered into at various govt. levels.
- Fight for farmer rights to cultivate a remunerative crop on his land not stifled by government restrictions. (lobby govt. for farmer option to choose crops that are sustainable and profitable in nature, notwithstanding laws that restrict such changes)
- Hold accountable departments in government responsible for wild animal menace in farmer properties thus causing heavy and irreparable damage to crop and infrastructure by compensation and other methods.
- Work towards betterment of Farm and Farmer income by setting up self-help groups and societies for value added processing and sales of farm produce for better value realization to the farmer.
- Create a legal, technological, commercial, social and political ‘think-tank’ that can help enhance farmer incomes and status and also to raise and lobby farmer interests to the highest levels of society and government for positive action.
Report harassment by authorities on land and tax norms on our Tax grievance page.